Promoting Self Development
Do you find yourself enduring your days rather than truly experiencing them? Always hurrying? Always anxious? Fearful and sometimes you cannot even explain of what?
Because of the pressures of everyday living, we go through each week like we are on auto, not really thinking on what we are doing but rather chasing time to finish routines, meet deadlines, waiting for this or that to happen so we can do this or that….
Without realizing it, so many years have passed and we wonder how. What happened to all the dreams we had as children/growing up? We have been doing things because we were told that’s how it’s done, we think like a certain tribe because that is how we were brought up to think. We are constantly wondering what people will think about us………….
It is time to evaluate your life’s choices and really think if they have served you well or have knocked you off the wall - derailed you from the important things you should have spent time on? What about your influences? Have you been listening to people you should be laughing at and laughing at the ones you should be listening to?
The thing is, we have to let go of all blame, all attacking, all judging, to free our inner selves to attract what we say we want. Until we do, we are hamsters in a cage chasing our own tails and wondering why we aren't getting the results we seek.
— Dr. Joe Vitale: Motivational author and speaker
As defined in Wikipedia, Personal / Self development includes activities that improve awareness and identity, develop talents and potential, build human capital and facilitate employability, enhance quality of life and contribute to the realization of dreams and aspirations.
I prefer the term self development as it makes me feel more involved, responsible and accountable in the process. It is about taking matters in my own hands and realizing that it is I who is responsible for where I am at and where I am headed.
Self development is also about becoming more than you already are. Getting better and better everyday. This is a journey that does not end because as soon as you achieve one goal, you are ready for another. It is about seeking knowledge so you can understand yourself better which leads to accepting the person you are which ultimately will lead you to a path of holistic wealth.
This site is about all of us making a conscious effort to be better human beings every day; a step at a time. It is also about guiding, supporting, inspiring, teaching each other on how we can realize our dreams, find what we are good at and remove the blockages that derail this process.
This site is also for everyone who aspires to;
- Lead a life of success their way on their terms
- Be true to their values
- Work at closing their integrity gap a step at a time
- Live in harmony and love with their fellow human beings, the environment and the earth.
- Look forward to life and feel happy and fulfilled everyday.
The principles that will be guiding the material for this site are;
- None of us should judge the other – We all have our demons to fight
- No putting anyone down. This includes any derogative comments
- Focus on the positives of EVERY situation
- Everyone makes mistakes it’s the only way to growth.
- Failing is a must in life for as long as you are attempting to do something new. To move out of your comfort zone so you can get to the next level.
- We are all a work in process. None of us is ‘there’ yet.
- Each one of us has an assignment, a gift or talent different from the other. Spending time being jealous or envious of others is squandering time that should be spent on finding and using your talents
- We all have the ability to; inspire, guide, teach, support and encourage another human being.
- We all have the capability of gifting the next person either by way of service or material.
In the next couple of weeks, I will be posting some articles that I hope will propel you forward in your endeavors in life. Should you wish to contribute material for this site, you are more than welcome to do so – write to me.
27 THINGS YOU MUST DO TO GET AND KEEP YOUR DREAM JOB
We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.
― Kurt Vonnegut, Mother Night
Courage is the most important of all the virtues because without courage, you can't practice any other virtue consistently.
― Maya Angelou
What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.
― Jane Goodall
If you treat an individual as he is, he will remain how he is. But if you treat him as if he were what he ought to be and could be, he will become what he ought to be and could be.
― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
There is a voice in the Universe urging us to remember
our purpose for being on this great Earth.
This is the voice of inspiration, which is
within each and every one of us.
― Wayne Dyer: American self-help author and motivational speaker
Ready for a Job?
Read this Book!
Learn How To...
- Identify your uniqueness
- Employability Values, Skills, and Qualities employers want
- Design a CV and application letters that get noticed
27 Things you Must Do
to get and keep your Dream Job
Complete Guide for Employment
- Handle tough interview questions
- Avoid interview blunders that most job seekers make
- Survive in the workplace